About Directed and Collaborative Videos
As a Creative Consultant, it is hard to measure my influence.
One suggestion sometimes yields amazing results, but defining where winning ideas and plans spring forth and those who labor to produce said projects is a slippery slope.
I had one client who said, “I don’t want to think of you as a coach – as that term, coach, seems to imply I needed something or was deficient which is not the case. I prefer to think of you as a creative consultant and trusted person who bounced and sprinkled ideas that we shared and noodled on for said project …”
I mention this because most video projects involve teams of people and talents – e.g., actors, camera, editors, sound, script, finance, etc. Thus for this section I’ve decided best to simplify my video projects into two categories: those I’ve directed, and those I’ve played a collaborative part in – enjoy!
Videos Directed by Chuck Scott
The following videos were directed and produced by Chuck:
- Labrador Labor Day with VanDyke – a guide dog pup’s first swim
- The Grandpa Tapes – a tribute to Charles Schwartz (1908-1993)
- The Rosary Videos – perhaps my most creatively challenging video project to date
- An Interview with American Lemonade Entrepreneurs – young lemonade entrepreneurs rock the neighborhood
- Water Damage Sniffed Out – story of plugging water leaks at Saint Patricks Cathedral in Bridgeport
Below are links to some other video projects I’ve been involved with:
- Director's View Film Festival – Bruce Vilanch, Tracey Pollen, Sean Connery, Hal Holbrook, Liz Smith, and Christopher Walken share their thoughts on why independent film festivals are important
- Made in Connecticut – behind the scenes with RealTraps
- Industrial Video with Robotic Lasers – metal fabrication factory tour
- Tele-Vision by Ethan Winer – very involved “green screen” project
- Feeding the Angels Among Us – 750 birds plus fix’ns for a family of four flew out the doors of Blessed Sacrament
- The Quest for Truth – church marketing video featuring the “rainbow generation” touching the heart of Americana in this Saint Patrick’s bible camp video that I edited
- Non-Modal Peaks and Nulls in Small Rooms – this was a two camera shoot that I filmed, edited, and it was groundbreaking on several levels – e.g., the client’s biggest problem with a new product in a new market was how to show what could not be seen and thus scientifically prove without a doubt the validity of the unseen and therefore the need for their products
- How to Install MiniTraps – I filmed, edited, scored the soundtrack, created special effects, and provided sanity on set
- How to Set Up and Treat a Listening Room – a demonstration video I filmed
Not Pictured – Well, Not Here on This Site That Is
My video portfolio also includes coaching others on how best to orchestrate a success path for optimum results – one that helps them identify formats and techniques to best capture, edit, render, compress, and/or convert to different formats – e.g., edit TV interviews on VHS tape and convert to DVD like this one; create a family legacy tribute video such as this one.